Why Macdonald Realty?
Our Mission and Philosophy
We’re on a mission. To be British Columbia’s most respected service brand in the real estate industry. How? By fostering a learning culture, in true partnership with our agents, so they can excel and provide the best possible service to our Macdonald Realty clients.
The Roots of Macdonald Realty
CEO Lynn Hsu purchased Macdonald Realty in 1990. No small feat, what motivated her to make such a purchase was a desire for change. To make a difference in an industry which at times is viewed with a less-than-stellar reputation. Her goal? To build a brokerage firmly rooted in strong ethics and professionalism — a firm that could also deliver a new standard of client service.
We’re extremely proud that Lynn has been recognized as one of British Columbia’s 50 most powerful women by BC Business magazine, and one of North America’s top 20 women leaders in residential real estate by “the definitive ranking of the leaders and executives in the residential real estate brokerage industry” — The Swanepoel Power 200. We don’t take these distinctions lightly, but they serve as another testament that we’re charting the right course. As you read more about Macdonald Realty here and throughout our website, we hope you’ll see that too.
To date, Macdonald Realty has expanded to more than 20 across British Columbia. We’re Western Canada’s largest integrated real estate firm. We offer residential, commercial, property management, and new development project marketing service. We’re proud of the journey our company has taken over the last 75 years — and thrilled you’re considering joining us.
MACDONALD REALTY, THE FIRST REAL ESTATE COMPANY RECOGNIZED BY COACHINGWISE
At Macdonald Realty, we see investing in our agents as a must. In our professional lives, as in in our personal lives, we never stop learning. At Macdonald Realty, we believe in advancing the learning and development goals of our agents so we can help them achieve their business goals.
We see your success as our success and make every effort to help you build a rewarding, long-term career based on sound business practices. To help our agents grow their businesses, we’ve developed a learning and development program — one that’s proprietary to Macdonald Realty. Called ‘Connected Learning,’ it has earned us the distinction of being the only real estate brokerage in Canada to win a CoachingWise Award. Bestowed by the International Coaching Federation, this award recognizes the development of a coaching culture and approach to education.
The program covers a wide range of subject matter. Knowing the ins and outs of all facets of the business, gaining new knowledge and refining and enhancing what you already know is crucial to growing and evolving your business. We offer opportunities to learn in many ways, from colleagues who are experts in a certain areas of the business, to accountability groups, video broadcasts, small group sessions and an award-winning online learning environment. Among our most popular courses are Subject Matter Experts, Performance Evaluation, Build Your Business Groups, and Institute Online Learning Platform.
Culture of Partnership
Macdonald Realty is more than just a real estate company. We’re a real estate family. You’ll notice this the minute you walk into any of our offices.
At Macdonald Realty, we’re invested in your success. That’s reflected in how we’ve designed our business structure — a structure that’s unique in the industry. Unlike many brokerages that rely on selling franchised offices to independent owners, 90 per cent of our offices are privately operated. This allows us to maintain a strong and consistent brand standard across offices, deliver support programs to all our agents and provide superior exposure and access for our Macdonald Realty clients. When you work with us, you’re also supported by a non-competing managing broker who is truly dedicated to you and your success — a reason many of our agents have been with us for decades.
What we also offer:
- Access to all our privately-operated offices across British Columbia
- Four specialty divisions (residential, commercial, property management, and new development project marketing services) to meet all your client needs. As Western Canada’s biggest fully-integrated real estate firm, we know from experience that having four distinct but integrated divisions can help you create additional revenue streams for your business.
- A global network spanning six continents and 70 countries, enabling you to refer clients to a quality professional in thousands of other markets — earning the gratitude of your clients as well as referral fees
- A committed support team that includes conveyancing, marketing, an IT help desk, reception services, mortgage providers and an experienced senior management leadership team
- Marketing know-how and tools to assist you, including a dedicated in-house creative marketing design team, our Macdonald Luxury Collection magazine and online marketing exposure, brochure templates, agent websites and email database tool, as well as an exclusive agent resource website
- Expertise and marketing support in Chinese, including access to our International Office in Shanghai and their Chinese website and WeChat channel